BATAVIA, Ohio (Dec. 21, 2017) — A reminder from the Clermont County Office of Environmental Quality: When the holidays are over, make sure you “treecycle” your real tree. That means you recycle your Christmas tree so that it can be used as compost or mulch. Trees can get a second life after they are chipped and used for mulch and hiking trails, or become a fish habitat, or are used for beachfront erosion or shoreline stabilization projects.
Many local communities and the Clermont County Park District offer opportunities to treecycle. Before you take your tree to a collection site or haul it to the curb, be sure to remove all lights, tinsel and decorations.
Among Clermont County recycling opportunities:
- Amelia: Curbside pickup is available on Mondays after Jan. 1 during regular yard waste pickup.
- Loveland: City residents can place trees at the curb for pickup from Jan. 2-19.
- Miami Township: Residents can bring Christmas trees cleared of all decorations to either Paxton Ramsey Park or Miami Meadows for chipping. Trees can be dropped off seven days a week during daylight hours from Dec. 26-Jan. 31. Questions? Call 513.248.3728.
- Milford: Christmas tree collection will be held every Wednesday in January. Please rid the tree of all lights, tinsel, and decoration, and place it at the curb. Trees not meeting the above requirements will be left at the curb. Questions? Call 513.831.7018.
- Pierce Township: Residents can bring trees to the Pierce Township Hall after Christmas through Jan. 12. Dumpsters will be at the dropoff area in the south corner of the ball field parking lot next to the Fire Department at 950 Locust Corner Road.
- Pattison Park, Clermont County Park District: County residents can drop off trees lakeside at Pattison Park, Dec. 26-Jan. 12. Please remove all decorations.
- Union Township: Union Township residents can drop off trees behind the Police Department, 4312 Glen Este-Withamsville Road. The dropoff days are Jan. 1-31. The dropoff area will be clearly marked and all trees must be cleared of all decorations. Questions? Call 513.753.2221.
For more information, contact Hannah Lubbers, at 513.732.7894 or email her at email@example.com.