“Trees contain valuable nutrients that can be used in many other capacities,” said Hannah Lubbers of the Clermont County Office of Environmental Quality. “The trees can get a second life after they are chipped (used for mulch and hiking trails). They may become a fish habitat. They may be used for beachfront erosion or shoreline stabilization projects.”
Locally, many communities and the Clermont County Park District offer opportunities to treecycle. But before you take your tree to a collection site or haul it to the curb for pick-up, please be sure to remove all lights, tinsel, and decorations.
Among Clermont County recycling opportunities:
• Amelia: Curbside pick-up is available on Mondays during regular yard waste pick-up.
• Loveland: City residents can call 513-683-0150 for curbside tree pickup from Dec. 28-Jan. 15.
• Miami Township: Residents can bring Christmas trees cleared of all decorations to either Paxton Ramsey Park or Miami Meadows for chipping. Trees can be dropped off seven days a week during daylight hours from Dec. 26-Jan. 31. More information: 513-248-3728.
• Milford: Christmas tree collection will be held every Wednesday in January. Rid the tree of all lights, tinsel, and decoration, and place it at the curb. Trees not meeting these requirements will be left at the curb. More information: 513-831-7018.
• Pierce Township: Residents can bring trees to the Pierce Township Hall after Christmas through Jan. 12. Dumpsters will be at the drop-off area in the south corner of the ball field parking lot next to the Fire Department, 950 Locust Corner Road.
• Stonelick Township: Residents can drop trees cleared of all decorations at the Clermont County Fairgrounds near the horse barns from Dec. 25-Jan. 15. Signs will be posted. The drop-off area will be roped off. More information: 513-732-3299.
• Union Township: Union Township residents can drop off trees Jan. 1-31 behind the Police Department, 4312 Glen Este-Withamsville Road. The drop-off area will be clearly marked and all trees must be cleared of all decorations. More information: 513-753-2221.
• Pattison Park, Clermont County Park District: County residents can drop off trees lakeside at Pattison Park, Dec. 26-Jan. 15.
More information: Hannah Lubbers, 513-732-7894; firstname.lastname@example.org. #######